Monday, July 13, 2009

Spring

Staring across a barren brown scape,
With bated breath I waited for you;

Solitary musings sand prints as I walked-

Nothing but sandstorms filling the view.


Wanting for the sand to blow away,

Unearthing a new life of spring,

The desert, my soul parched, waiting

For the elixir the rain could bring.


I opened my eyes to the gentle breeze;

Desolate brown had turned to green;

I looked around for you, in vain,

All faded away- a dream it had been!


Then the flowers bloomed again, fragrances ecstatic;

Not just in my mind's eye, for real was my heart free;

Birds chirping, butterflies fluttering, branches waving,

Bliss everywhere- my prince charming had come for me :-)


P.S. Poetry makes my prince charming sleepy.

4 comments:

...Aswin... said...

Nice one..

All world’s a stage, said the Bard,
And how so true could that be,
Hopes and Wishes are stage-décor,
Beneath them, gloom you’d see.

Blessed are the desolate souls,
Who’d never dare again to dream,
The bliss, the birds and the lovely breeze,
Aren’t as fun as they seem.

--Just my thoughts. (Wouldnt want to argue.. :-)

lavanya said...

@Nair - I apologize for the delay in acknowledging (Blogger issues with posting comments like I mentioned in the announcements section). Although I'd like to be more optimistic (and argue with u about it), your comment surpassed my post Sir!

Ram Iyer said...

this has made me write some thing

lavanya said...

@Ram - an honor!